You are here
Apr 20 2017
In her speech, the Chilean President Michelle Bachelet highlighted that Universidad de Santiago is a space that promotes dialogue and trains leaders, focused on the historical processes of our society and fully committed to our country.
Researchers contribute to the reduction of the serious pollution caused by mine tailings in the country
Apr 13 2017
- The study is led by Dr Claudia Ortiz Calderón, professor at the Department of Biology of Universidad de Santiago and it is being conducted by a research team of this university in partnership with researchers at Universidad Católica de Val
Apr 12 2017
- This topic was discussed during the workshop “Hydrogen: Water and Energy Security for Chile,” organized by the Faculty of Sciences and the international company of environmental technology Adaptec S.A.
Apr 5 2017
- Dr Tom Bruce, Director of Internationalisation of the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, visited Universidad de Santiago and had meetings with Dr Claudio Martínez, Vice President of Research and Development; Carol Johnson, Head of the Depar
Mar 31 2017
- Fort the past five years, a research team of Universidad de Santiago led by Dr Raúl Cordero, professor at the Department of Physics, has been monitoring the ozone layer over the Antarctica to assess the impact of the climatic
Researchers at Universidad de Santiago identify the importance of potassium to combat chronic vascular diseases
Mar 27 2017
- The study led by Dr Juan Pablo García-Huidobro, researcher at the Cedenna and professor at the Faculty of Chemistry and Biology of Universidad de Santiago, showed that a diet supplemented with potassium improves vasodilator responses mediat
Mar 22 2017
- On March 14th, authorities, professors, students and administrative staff of Universidad de Santiago participated in the opening of a new building of the Faculty of Administration and Economics.
Vaccine against bacteria that threatens the national salmon farming industry was successfully tested
Mar 20 2017
- The study led by Dr Brenda Modak, Director of the Department of Environmental Sciences of the Faculty of Chemistry and Biology, seeks to combat the high mortality of salmons in Chile, which in 90% of the cases is probably caused by the dang
Mar 17 2017
- A study conducted by Dr Pablo Lacoste, professor at the Institute for Advanced Studies of Universidad de Santiago, shows that the Chilean-Argentinian wine industry that is usually associated to European elites was actually started by the wo
QS Rankings: Universidad de Santiago de Chile is the third best university in Chile and leader in Arts and Humanities
Mar 10 2017
- Universidad de Santiago was ranked among the 200 best higher education institutions worldwide in the subjects of Linguistics, Sociology, and Art and Design, according to the prestigious British QS Rankings.